Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!

Ah, it's that time of year.

Confession: I rather like New Year's resolutions. New Year's has the same feeling that starting a new semester in school always did. It's a fresh start. It's optimistic and new. But the typical resolutions (eat healthy, lose weight, exercise, etc.) never seem to work, do they? So, I'm sticking with foodie resolutions.

So here are my food resolutions for 2008:

Make one new dish every week from our ever-growing and beloved collection of cookbooks.
Learn to make a killer spaghetti...maybe even with meatballs.
Eat at least 2 super-vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, chard, kale, etc.) a week.
Learn to make a really good Asian noodle dish.
Get better at photographing dishes for the blog.
Try at least 3 new restaurants (this would be more but it conflicts with last year's decision to eat out less).
Eliminate Diet Coke.

Okay, so that last one is a more typical New Yeary resolution. I'm keeping it. Really. I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I like the new look.

Good luck on your resolutions. I think giving up the DC is a good one...gives you more time to enjoy wine!