Sunday, July 15, 2007

Guilty Pleasures


As you can probably tell from the simple fact that I have a food blog, I love cooking. Baking is a different story. It just seems so complicated what with all the specialty ingredients and the measuring and rising. Jon bakes bread, but I bake nothing. That's not to say I don't enjoy the occasional baked treat.

So here's the confession: I love, love, love...(deep breath)...Duncan Hines Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel. There I said it.

I know they're far from authentic. They're a little too sweet. The blueberries are almost flavorless. But they are delicious. And I love them.

There. I confessed. So what's your guilty pleasure? I know you've got one.

4 comments:

noisy penguin said...

My grandma made these sometimes when I went to spend the weekend at her house. I love them too, and I really like baking.

My guiltiest pleasure is Betty Crocker rainbow chip frosting. The little rainbow chips are probably mostly wax that will clog up my intestines and I'm sure the frosting is made entirely of lard and high fructose corn syrup, but it's so good.

Anonymous said...

I love Rainbow chip frosting. I dip pretzels into it.

So fricken good. It will kill me soon.

Aliza

Kathryn said...

I love Duncan Hines brownies of the double fudge variety. They are just so easy to make, and right out of the oven they're heavenly. Sometimes I do a little home-made cream cheese swirl in them.

Deborah said...

Oh, so many things... I love making stuff with cake mixes. I've made cakes from scratch before and it's just not worth the hassle for me. And anything with Cool Whip or cream cheese. I'm such a "Sandra Lee!"