Friday, July 13, 2007

A Change in Plans


I had planned to make the asparagus pancetta flatbread pizza tonight, but after shelving our books in the new apartment all day (two English majors with grad schooling makes for an absurd number of books) I was not in the mood to knead the dough for flatbread. So I resorted to an old favorite that I haven’t made in years.

I tossed the asparagus with extra virgin olive oil and roasted it at 450 until tender-crisp. While the asparagus roasted, I sautéed diced pancetta until golden and crisp. I combined the asparagus and pancetta and served it over rice drizzled with a little evoo and dusted the whole dish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Dishes don’t get much simpler than this one, but there’s something delicious about the asparagus, pancetta, and cheese combination.

3 comments:

Flann said...

This recipe, combined with my downstairs neighbor making something with garlic, I am ready to eat my own arm. I LOVE asparagus.

noisy penguin said...

That looks delicious. You can come cook for me any time.

marniebcn said...

I love the recipes you post here. Most are simple and with ingredients that I usually have on hand. Look forward to reading over some old posts and of course to any new ones.

Marnie from Barcelona, Spain