Sunday, October 26, 2008

Product Recommendation: Trader Joe's Island Soyaki



I love Trader Joe's. The products are high quality and natural, and the prices are excellent. Mostly though, I love the food samples that they have at the back of the store. I've found so many great items that I might never have tried if I hadn't had a sample first. The latest (and maybe greatest) is Island Soyaki.

As the name suggests, it's part soy sauce and part teriyaki. This is a case were the whole is better than the sum of the parts. It's brighter than soy or teriaki. There's a hint of the spiciness of ginger and the tang of pineapple, and the sesame seeds add an earthiness.



Island soyaki replaced the sweet and sour sauce as my favorite sauce for the potstickers. Try it.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy your own posting taste, very exciting,
don't quit as well as keep writing considering it simply just well worth to look through it.
excited to view much of your article content, have a good one!